Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Innerference

A friend of mine (who is celebrating her birthday today... Happy Birthday! Without your birth my life would not be the same!) has taken to choosing about the endless varieties of craigslist offerings to really find what it is she has been looking for: uncomplicated, gratifying, self-esteem pumping hookups. I'm well aware "hookup" always fails to connote any real meaning, but for the future of whatever it is she decides to do with these explorations, we'll leave it in ambiguity.

So far, she has received: free Dave's delivery from a previous hookup and most importantly, what I would refer to as the puppy serum for relationships. Where in this unique situation, each party can resolve to whatever identity they see fit for themselves and the person with which they are connecting with; the relationship will linger just long enough to put both through a complex wave of flirtatious and optional-eternal role-playing.

Am I brave enough to try it? Absolutely not. If anything though, all of the chats we've had about these craigslist conquests have showed me what I truly appreciate about this friend: this kid is not afraid of anything, and most importantly, not afraid of acknowledging what she needs and getting it for herself. Do I wish I had this trait? Absolutely. How many of us really can articulate our needs, when we need them?

I leave with a relevant t-shirt, entitled Innerference taken from Blend Apparel.  One of my favorite clothing companies, run by who I'm sure (if I ever met them) would be some of my favorite people. Perhaps if there was just a bit more communication between the brain and the heart, the world would be better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment